CAREER OPPORTUNITIES WITH THE VILLAGE OF ADA
WATER TREATMENT PLANT OPERATOR WITH CLASS 2 LICENSE
The world of Water Treatment has quickly become one of the most important jobs in our society today. Everyone needs safe drinking water. That level of work takes the skills and knowledge of licensed operators, which are in short supply.
If you are a class 2 OEPA licensed operator, the Village of Ada would like to talk to you about joining our team!
The Village of Ada currently operates and maintains a Class 2 water treatment facility, which treats and makes groundwater readily available to over 1,700 residences, businesses and university customers of the village.
We’re looking for employees who are able to work independently with standard working hours, while being a great team member across several departments. Using lab equipment, routine tasks include collecting and analyzing samples, monitoring pumps, generators and a variety of plant equipment for plant maintenance. Troubleshooting mechanical issues on demand give the work day a break away from routine. Skilled and experienced operators are encouraged to apply!
Full time Benefits include:
- Comprehensive paid leave – holiday, personal and sick – available after a successful instructional period; vacation – after 1 year
- Major medical insurance – the village pays 90% of the full time employee’s premium; available on day 1
- Retirement funded through Ohio Public Employees Retirement System – employees contribute 10% of their gross salary, the village contributes 14%
- Flexibility for work/life balance
- working in a Drug Free Work Place
- Wages are based on skill and experience; the current hourly range for operators is $16.24-$22.73.
Are you ready to continue your work in a job that keeps you to one of the most demanded careers of our time? A job where routine meshes with non-routine tasks to keep fresh, great tasting drinking water available to thousands of people at the turn of a faucet. If you are ready for this job, then we’re ready to talk!
Visit our website at www.adaoh.org, and click on the “Work For Us” tab. There you will find an application that you can download, complete, and email, drop off or mail to us. You will also find complete job descriptions for all open village positions. We’ll let you know we have your application and we will get in contact with you to talk about our positions!
Applications will be reviewed as they are received, so don’t wait for an April 30th deadline! Get your completed application to us today!
|Water Treatment Plant Operator Classification Specification.pdf||27.29 KB|
|Village of Ada General Application.pdf||116.07 KB|