The world of Water Treatment has quickly become one of the most important jobs in our society today. Everyone needs safe drinking water. That level of work takes the skills and knowledge of licensed operators, which are in short supply.
If you are an OEPA certified Class I Water Supply professional operator or have the interest and commitment to obtain the certification within 24 months, the Village of Ada is ready to talk to you about joining our team!
The Village of Ada currently operates and maintains a Class 2 water treatment facility, which treats and makes groundwater readily available to over 1,700 residences, businesses and university customers of the village.
We are looking for employees who can work independently with standard working hours, while being a great team member across several departments. Using lab equipment, routine tasks include collecting and analyzing samples, monitoring pumps, generators and a variety of plant equipment for plant maintenance. Troubleshooting mechanical issues on demand give the work day a break away from routine, as will occasional field work in the distribution system.
- Completion of secondary education (high school diploma or equivalent)
- Six months skilled maintenance experience, or equivalent
- current OEPA Class I Water Supply certificate, or commitment to obtain; certificate is required within 24 months of appointment
- Comprehensive paid leave
- Major medical insurance – the village pays 85% of the full-time employee’s premium; available on day 1
- Retirement funded through Ohio Public Employees Retirement System – employees contribute 10% of their gross salary, the village contributes 14%
- Flexibility for work/life balance
- working in a Drug Free Workplace
- Wages are based on skill and experience; the hourly wage range is $15 to $23.
Are you ready to work in a job that keeps you to one of the most demanded careers of our time? A job where routine meshes with non-routine tasks to keep fresh, great tasting drinking water available to thousands of people at the turn of a faucet. If you are ready for this job, then we are ready to talk!
Visit our website at www.adaoh.org, and click on the “Work For Us” tab. There you will find an application that you can download, complete, and email, drop off or mail to us. You will also find complete job descriptions for all open village positions. We will let you know we have your application and we will get in contact with you to talk about our positions!
Applications will be reviewed as they are received. The application deadline is October 9, 2020.
|Water Supply Operator 09.04.2020||129.93 KB|
|WTP Operator in Training Classification Specification.pdf||104.42 KB|
|WTP Operator Classification Specification||55.1 KB|
|Village of Ada General Application.pdf||116.07 KB|