Are you ready to take your supervisory experience to the next level, including planning work and project schedules based on all weather situations? Do you want to work for a place where you can use your eye for detail to get the job completely done on a deadline? Do you have 4+ years’ experience in street maintenance and repair and supervision?
If this sounds like you, the Village of Ada would like to talk to you about bringing your talents to Ada!
The Village of Ada provides residents and visitors with public utilities and maintains streets, utilities and equipment necessary to keep the Village running. Our team of employees provides the hard work that keeps the streets in good order and water and sewer services readily available to over 1,700 residences, businesses and university customers.
As Public Works Superintendent, you will play a vital role on a team dedicated to fulfilling the needs of the residents, as well as supervising and leading a team of skilled and unskilled employees with daily, weekly and monthly projects. The public works department is directly involved in projects with water, storm and sewer systems, as well as the daily maintenance needs of every street from right-of-way to right-of-way. The ideal Public Works Superintendent will be able to demonstrate strong organizational skills, which are vital to being able to predict and plan year round work and project schedules.
As Public Works Superintendent, you must have the ability to:
* supervise and assist departmental employees with day-to-day operations and planning and achieving short term and long term goals
* work cooperatively with team players from other departments to meet the needs of the Village
* exhibit a working knowledge of street maintenance, water, storm and sewer utilities
* demonstrate a desire to quickly learn new skills while on the job
- Comprehensive Paid Leave – holiday, personal and sick – after a successful instructional period, vacation after 1 year
- Major Medical Insurance – the village pays 90% of the full time employee’s premium; available on day 1
- Retirement funded through Ohio Public Employees Retirement System – employees contribute 10%, the village contributes 14%
- Flexibility for work/life balance
- Working in a Drug Free Work Place
- Salary: $43,462.43-$60,849.16 (based on proven skill and experience.)
This position is exempt from the overtime requirements of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
We’re looking for a leader who is willing to learn quickly while on the job and takes a high level of personal pride in a job well done, both individually and as a team. Sound like you? Then we want to talk to you!
Visit our website at , and click on the “Work with Us” tab. There you will find an application that you can download, complete, and email, drop off or mail to us. You will also find complete job descriptions for all open village positions. We’ll let you know we have your application and we will get in contact with you to talk about our positions!
|Public Works Superintendent Classification Specification||121.82 KB|
|Village of Ada General Application.pdf||116.07 KB|