The Village of Ada is currently accepting applications for the Fiscal Officer Position.
Qualifications for the position include:
* Completion of a bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field;
* two years’ experience in municipal finance or related field;
* Proficiency with a variety of computer software, and the ability to learn new software quickly and effectively;
* Familiarity with general ledger accounting and payroll processing;
* Equivalent combination of education, experience, and training.
The role of the Fiscal Officer is vital in the daily and long term operations of the Village of Ada. The Fiscal Officer is responsible for accurately preparing and maintaining all financial records for the village, including, but not limited to, budget documents, bank statement reconciliation, posting expenses and revenue in a timely manner and bi-weekly payroll processing.
The Fiscal Officer is also responsible for serving as the clerk of Village Council, which includes preparation of meeting documents and attendance at Village Council regular meetings on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of each month, and special meetings, as called.
The successful candidate must have the following skills:
* Detail oriented; Willingness to learn on the job and utilizing both internal and external training and resources
* Accurate and thorough in reviewing financial documents; timely in reporting, including meeting deadlines as per law
This position is a full time position with comprehensive benefits. Salary is based on skill and experience; the current salary range is $55,000-$65,000.
Interested candidates are encouraged to review the complete classification specification found on the Village’s website for a more detailed description of the position.
To apply, please visit our website at www.adaoh.org, and click on the “Work for Us” tab. There you will find an application that you can download, complete, and email, drop off or mail to us. Resumes are welcome as attachments to the application.
We’ll let you know we have your application and we will get in contact with you to talk about our positions!
Applications will be reviewed as they are received, so don’t wait for the June 17, 2019 deadline! Get your completed application to us today!
|Fiscal Officer Classification Specification updated 05.21.19.pdf||555.08 KB|
|Village of Ada General Application.pdf||116.07 KB|