GENERAL LABOR: CONSTRUCTION & MAINTENANCE WORKER I (CM I)
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES WITH THE VILLAGE OF ADA
Looking for a new full time job that can become a career? The Village of Ada would like to talk to you about working in our Public Works/Street Department!
Are you looking for a job that lets you work outside every day, with no two days being the same? Do you like to work with your hands and figure out constructive, innovative and safe ways to fix problems? Do you enjoy providing the same level of service that you expect to get? If you enjoy the sense of satisfaction at having a job completed at day’s end, then we have a place for you!
The Village of Ada provides residents and visitors with public utilities and maintains streets, utilities and equipment necessary to keep the Village running. Our team of employees provides the hard work that keeps the streets in good order and water and sewer services readily available to over 1,700 residences, businesses and university customers.
We’re looking for employees who are willing to learn quickly while on the job. Regular tasks include reading water meters, maintaining Village streets with attention to detail and operating a variety of equipment – from hand tools to large equipment. Skilled and experienced operators, as well as those with a strong desire to become skilled on the job, are encouraged to apply!
* Starting pay of $11.86/hour, with the potential for advancement to Construction & Maintenance Worker II (CM II) based on licensing and experience
* Comprehensive Paid Leave – holiday, personal and sick – after a successful instructional period, vacation after 1 year
* Major Medical Insurance – the village pays 90% of the full time employee’s premium; available on day 1
* Retirement funded through Ohio Public Employees Retirement System – employees contribute 10% of their gross pay, the village contributes 14% of the employee's gross pay
* Flexibility for work/life balance
* Working in a Drug Free Work Place
Working outside. No two days the same. Working with your hands. Doing a great job that is recognized by an entire village. Sounds like you, doesn’t it? Then we’re ready to talk!
Visit our website at www.adaoh.org, and click on the “Work With Us” tab. There you will find an application that you can download, complete, and email, drop off or mail to us. You will also find complete job descriptions for all open village positions. We’ll let you know we have your application and we will get in contact with you to talk about our positions!
Applications will be reviewed as they are received. The last day to submit an application for this posting is April 19, 2019.